Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Rose By Any Other Name ...

Great news for fans in Toronto! Looks like Daria will soon be making a stop in the city, this time for a photography exhibit presented by Lancome! Lancome's "RĂ´ses by ..." is an exhibit showcasing the work of 20 different photographers and their takes on the "essence of a rose". The exhibit features works by Patrick Demarchelier, Josh Olins, Brigitte Lacome and Solve Sundsbo (to name a few and mostly artists Daria has worked with) honouring Lancome's official symbol, the rose.

The exhibit has already had it's European run and will now be premiering in North America on June 13th and will run June 14th to 20th at the Luminato Festival in Toronto. Daria will be attending the premiere on the 13th! It looks like the opening night is being reserved for select beauty bloggers participating in their own virtual gallery take on the exhibition. Hopefully they take a lot of pictures though!

If you can't make the the exhibit then you can view all of the artwork below. (Nick Knight's take is my favourite!).


Strangely enough, Luminato is already on my agenda this year (Marina Abramovic! Joni Mitchell!) so it was awesome to hear that I might see Daria as well! If anything the exhibit looks worth a visit. If the opening night is open to the public I'll try my best to pop in, but for now I'm assuming its an invite only event - I'll see what I can do!

2 comments:

  1. ill be there too! just not for the premier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome! This years festival looks amazing - have fun!

      Delete