Saturday, January 16, 2010

Vogue Paris February 2010 ... Fifth Time's a Charm

I woke up this morning to some great news. A rumor was posted on the Fashion Spot that the February covergirl of Vogue Paris would be a fresh new face - and an issue entirely dedicated to that girl so naturallly, I thought nothing too much of it. Lo and behold, the shoot that Daria did in Morocco a few months back was for a new Vogue Paris cover, and editorial.

Vogue Paris February 2010 : Daria Werbowy by Inez and Vinoodh
Daria has had her share of Vogue Paris covers in the past years (this is her fifth) but it seems that every time a new cover comes out I get just as excited as the last! The editorial is a sixty page knockout - "Vogue à Porter" by I&V with Daria Werbowy, Lara Stone, Dree Hemingway, Freja Beha, Raquel Zimmerman, Naomi Campbell, Isabeli Fontana and Anna De Rijk. It's so exciting to see Daria with a fairly newer crop of models.

And if that cover and an editorial isn't enough for you today, then be glad that Daria is the face of Isabel Marant yet again (I believe this is her second time) and she makes just as great an impact as she did in her first and second campaigns. I'll wait to write a post when we have scans and larger images but for now, enjoy the gallery below. From the looks of today 2010 is shaping out to be a great year - and it's only January!

Isabel Marant Spring 2010 campaign by Inez and Vinoodh
Here are some previews of Daria's editorial in VP:

sorces: cover scanned by laetitia at tFS ; snaps by berlinrocks and elysewalker

5 comments:

  1. i never comment but i jsut want to say thank you so much for making such a perfect site on daria.i always come here every day!and the cover is beautiful.daria looks like she just came out of the sixties :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. freja,daria and lara?! this is a must have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous #1 - thank you! I can definetly see the sixties influence - I can't wait to see the rest of the editorial.

    Anonymous #2 - I'm so happy that this is in Vogue Paris - it's one of the few international magazines I have access to. I don't think they will but I'm hoping for some Freja and Daria shots. But it seems that the editorial was shot all over so we'll just have to wait and see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of all this Daria news I am the most happy and impressed she got Isabel Marant. Think it's great she working loads and making it look effortless of course. Thanks for the updates,Tinsley. I guess in the event Daria gets even more busy then your busy,huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^ I was so happy that she got Marant as well ... IMO she is the perfect girl for the brand. I don't know if you can see this but it reminds me of Balmain SS08!

    And no problem addyads I'm glad you're reading - and yes, as soon as Daria has new work I can feel myself constantly checking the fashion spot! It makes for good procrastination :D

    ReplyDelete