Monday, May 18, 2009

Freebird

In addition to playing host for this years Stoked on Spring benefit, Daria was brave enough to donate a piece of her own creation to the silent auction - a drawing of a bird, entitled Freebird.

“That’s the first time I’ve ever put anything of mine in the public eye,” she said. “I wouldn’t call myself an artist, but I draw.” I think it's a great piece!

Daria also explained why she chose to participate in this benefit. “To be honest, I was feeling really bad that I wasn’t doing anything and this is perfect timing,” Daria explained of her choice to become involved with the nonprofit. “I just got back from Wooster where I was boarding for two weeks, but it was the worst season ever! There was, like, no snow on the whole mountain.” Daria's been an active snowboarder for years now so it makes perfect sense that she would team up with this charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment